Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bunking college


Bunking college
Originally uploaded by travelling writer.
This was one of my published photographs in Bangalore Vijay Times. The story was on bunking classes in College.

I was already on an assignment to a popular women's college in the city when I was told to make a photograph for this feature story. I was actually there to make a photo-essay on a charity run being organised by them. Then a passing glance at a corridor and the urge in my mind to experiment and get a non-cliche image of bunking classes made me visualize this frame as I saw those legs and the college bag rested in the lap. Till that I do not know whose legs are those.

Open to critiques

10 comments:

mouna said...

nishant, a very nice photo. i actually study in that college. it's one of those places which i like in college. and the charity run, i assume it was for cul-ah!

Nishant Ratnakar said...

Yeah Mouna.It sure is an interesting place to laze around.

Yup, it was for Culah!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nishant,

Nice idea.
I was wondering how it would look with just a couple of more subjects/objects in the pic.
Also,could you give me your email id.I wish to talk to you on something related to photojournalism.

Neha

Nishant Ratnakar said...

Neha, I can be contacted at nishant82[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Anonymous said...

Nice one pal. Yeah might be right about that statement on gtalk ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Neha here.Have sent the mail yesterday.

Santhosh Adiga said...

Nishant,
This is a great photgraph.

Nishant Ratnakar said...

Thanks all

kanavu kavingan said...

Nishant, nice photograph. On a similar theme, you can highlight the loss of productivity in corporates too by stepping out inw working hours, that too accompanied by smoking most of the time..

Prachi said...

Hi Nishant,
Akshat has shown a lot of your work! very impressive! keep up the good work.