Saturday, May 19, 2007

When the sound lets you see the truth.

When the sound lets you see the truth.

Vaseem, a 22 year old aspiring journalist who is also visually impaired, uses JAWS(a software which aids the visually imapaired by translating text to sound) for his studies and browsing on the computer. Vaseem along with many of his visualy impaired friends stay in Samarthanam, an NGO dedicated to improving lives of the disabled.

It was a great moment for me when Vaseem sent me an email while I was making this photograph. The first thing I did when I got back to my office, was I replied to him. We have now decided to be friends.
VTPhoto: Nishant Ratnakar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice, touchy post Nishant. Introduce me to this unique achiever know. Eager to meet him...

MM said...

Cool heading for the post...

Its really nice to see this kind of thing happening... Vaseem's really lucky... Here's wishing him all the best!

Madhu